Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Deal Alert at Kuroki's: Ends April 30th


This is just a quick post. I've been working like crazy and both my spreadsheet and presentation apps have crashed twice on me this evening due to the sheer size of my files. I'll accept any good karma you can wish my way! My big presentation is on Thursday morning. I am not sleeping tonight!

This urgently needed to be blogged, though.

The same gentleman who provided me with considerable assistance in reviewing Mr. Kuroki's slate and shell stones has alerted me to a deal on his Japanese website. The sales period has been extended to April 30th. If you are interested, I suggest you send Mr. Kuroki an email.

Details
  • Page for reference
  • Page translated by Google
  • Jitsuyo grade stones, size 32, 8.8mm thick, Limit of 3 per customer
  • Price 13,500 Yen (about US$115 as of today) excluding shipping and handling
  • S&H Estimate - Please inquire with Mr. Kuroki to get a current S&H estimate for air or surface freight for these stones. I was quoted 8,400 Yen for surface freight (6-8 weeks) in November 2005 but that quote was for stones, gosu, a 19x19 table board, and a 13x13 table board.
  • Cost for Size 32 Jitsuyo stones from Samarkand: US$289 excluding shipping and handling
Good hunting! If you decide to go for the deal, let him know that you found it on my blog. Maybe he'll discount me a set someday.

5 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That seems like an interesting deal!

 
At 12:46 AM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wa, bad karma? lucky you didn't buy that cursed goban you mentioned a while back :D

 
At 1:11 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Methinks the real curse of that goban was that the guy paid a lot of money for it and now there's a crack running north to south on its side.

Incidentally, Mr.Kuroki is also offering Size 36 (10.1mm) Jitsuyo for 18,000 Yen (US$154). These are sold for US$409 at Samarkand.

 
At 8:51 AM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Chiyodad! Has anyone received a price on s&h to CA? I haven't received info yet. For that matter, anyone in central/northern CA want to go in together on shipping. ScatCat, you'd do well with another set of shell stones. : )

Cheers all!

 
At 9:10 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Hmm. That's an idea. A NoCA/CenCA Cartel for buying Go equipment.

We should see if other folks here are interested in pooling orders to help reduce shipping costs. It might not be a bad time for me to finally get a set of Moon-grade stones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home