Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kudos to sduff

I wanted to recognize sduff for his transcriptions of shygost's KGS lessons. He's really done quite an impressive job in a style that reminds me of Fujisawa Kazunari's editorial work for the Nihon Ki-in's Easy Guide Series: Fuseki.

Those transcriptions could even be used as the basis for a book.

Many thanks!


ZGo in Blogger


















This board is live.

I know that other Go bloggers are looking for more tools to help illustrate matches or concepts. As I had mentioned before, Drago's Export Position command is the fastest way to generate a JPEG image of a game position. If you want a dynamic board that can read a SGF, you will need something else.

Leonard Dragomir of the Warriors Go Academy had suggested the Java applet named ZGo for replaying SGFs in a web page. At the start of this section is shygost's second lesson presented with ZGo; visible if you have Java installed on your system. Yes, that board is dynamic and you will be able to move through the SGF and read sduff's transcriptions.

You can also click on the banner below the goban to launch a pop-up window which is larger and easier-to-read.

Let me know if you encounter any problems with it. I've only tested it with MS Explorer and Firefox under a Windows XP environment.


In other news

I expect to be back playing rated games sometime after February 3rd. Too much is going on at work and with ChiyoChan's extracurricular activities for me to concentrate and apply myself to my matches.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I second the kudos to sduff.
He has done an excellent job on the transcriptions.

Thank you, sduff!

And hope to see you all at shygost's public lectures.

NannyOgg

 
At 10:45 PM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ChiyoDad,

Your ZGo applet doesn't work for me using Firefox on Mac OSX. (it displays a control access denied error).

I was having the same problem with Guo Juan's Audio Go Lessons until Gregorio from littlegolem suggested using the default Safari browser.

But Firefox on Linux and Windows seems to work ok.

Just wanted to let you know.

 
At 10:52 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks xed_over! I've received other feedback via chat and email that the ZGo applet has Mac browser incompatibilities and can cause slow loads in WinXP browsers.

I don't think I'll be using it for future posts. I like my posts to be accessible in as many browsers on as many OS platforms as is possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home