Tuesday, November 15, 2005

KGS Iron Man Tournament

Kiseido Go Server will be holding its 2nd Iron Man Tournament from November 21st to 25th. I found out about it on frankiii's blog. He and Zero9090 (14k) have already signed-up and they're just the kind of determined players that will probably make it into the top ten.

I won't be joining them for lack of time. There's even a slim chance that our family might be down in Southern California for a portion of the Thanksgiving holidays.

The prizes for this tournament are modest. In my humble opinion, most folks will probably be participating more for the challenge and, perhaps, the distinction of having a nice crown next to their KGS login ID.

Prizes for the 2nd KGS Iron Man Tournament
(Taken from the official page)
  1. The winner of each division will receive a $15 gift certificate from Kiseido.
  2. The 5 players with the most wins (no matter how many games they played) will each get 1 month of free KGS Plus. There are only 5 of these prizes total for the tournament, not 5 per division.
  3. The 10 players who were in the most games will each get 1 week of KGS Plus. Again, 10 will be handed out over the whole tournament. Players who won prizes 1 or 2 will not be counted here.

5 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I played in the first iron man tournament, lots of fun. I managed to play 19 out of 20 games, missed the last one because being on my way to a go work shop :)

I just signed up for this one, although I think I might not be able to play that many games this time, due to day time commitments. We'll see. I entered in the open division, so I should get a nice variety of opponents.

NannyOgg

 
At 8:19 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Good luck to you too, NannyOgg!

So what happens if you win another tournament? You already have a crown next to your login ID.

 
At 7:07 AM, November 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Chiyodad. I hadn't heard about this tourney. Like Nannyogg i'm unable to play too many games, but it'll be fun no matter what happens. TTFN!

 
At 10:51 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I have only a silver crown now, I have to turn it into a gold crown some day :-p

Not in the open division though, would have to play handicapped to do that. Maybe with the account I got to sandbagging rank today, after my screwup :)

I seriously did consider the handicap division, but I kind of like the idea of playing a wider variety of players, and don't care at all that that means that I might lose more games. I really play this tournament for the enjoyment of the games. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't do my darndest best to win every single game I play anyway :)

NannyOgg

 
At 4:08 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Wow! That makes four of you in the tournament.

I'll have the cheering pennants ready as I sit in the bleachers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home