Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Now how do I get 1-2 stones stronger?

My latest Minute Manga (done on a Post-It note)

Okay, as of this evening it looks like I have broken through the KGS 28k mark for the first time. Based on how I have been playing, this is probably a reasonable and conservative measure of my strength.

It bore out in my two matches this evening. I lost the first one against satmichel (24k) by 40.5 moku and won the second one against fever (24k) by 45.5. Both were played with four handicap stones which set the game ranks to 28k; making them par.

I'll need to again hit the books and exercises in earnest in the hope of building my strength. I may yet drop in rank but I'm at least happy with having made progress.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, September 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on 28k! :)

 
At 5:20 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Many thanks wolvie!

I hope I can hold on to it and gradually advance to 27k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home