Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Mixed evening & widescreen wallpaper

Got back into playing on KGS this evening and had mixed results. Lost one game (versus SavinKo 22k) at 2 handicap, adjourned a game (seathief, 22k, had to leave) at 2 handicap, and won my last game (versus fever 23k) at even settings.

I've been trying to apply the strategic principles that were outlined in Otake Hideo's Opening Theory Made Easy but I need to review and understand my corner josekis. I don't seem to be fighting for my walls and corners to the best of my advantage.

fathwad advanced to 16k and he really deserves it. He'll be travelling to Japan next year and he's hoping to reach amateur dan status before then. I think he'll make it. He has his own blog named Almost Flan which I'll be checking from time-to-time.

There are no Go wallpapers for widescreens so I modified one to fit.
Click to enlarge.

If by chance you have a widescreen monitor, I had modified one of Kuroki Goishi Ten's wallpapers to fit. Blogspot shrinks my uploads but it might still look okay if you stretch it to fit your screen. Feel free to download it if you like. I can email the full 1600x1080 version to anyone that wants it.

4 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Gilgamesh said...

Good game against fever. You did some stuff that is very good for your level. Did anybody review it for you?

 
At 8:23 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks for the compliment! No, it hasn't yet been reviewed as it was the last game of the evening. I shall need to go over it with someone soon.

 
At 2:05 AM, September 28, 2005, Blogger Gilgamesh said...

I actually took the liberty to comment the game a little. Maybe I could mail you the SGF?

 
At 8:07 AM, September 28, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Certainly! Thanks reducer zim! My email (for all Go-related correspondence) is ChiyoDad@gmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home