Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm flying!! ... CLUNK!!


For one brief moment (about 24 hours) it looked like my KGS rank would finally move out of the 30k? doldrums. It slammed back to earth rather quickly.

yoyoma (2k?) once told me that the KGS ranking was iterative; and if any of my former opponents did worse, then my rank would degrade. Of course my sudden drop could also be explained by some of my recent losses.

Like many endeavours, Go is a journey with no end. So you better enjoy the trip.

Go Gamestore's Bi-Convex Marble Stone Set

Mahgy (30k?) inquired about where to get a go set for about $150. I recommended The Go Gamestore in Canada which is currently offering their Bi-Convex Marble Stone Set for $145 plus $24.50 shipping. I had compared their Yunzi stones against their Marble stones in a previous post.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger frankiii said...

I bought a set at Samarkand for $169 that I'm very pleased with.

Professional Home Set

Unfortunately, I have yet to play a game on it (is it still a goban if you don't play go on it?), and my daughter made a small gouge in it with a poker chip. But it's really a nice, beautiful set.

Good luck!

 
At 9:42 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

That was my first recommendation to Mahgy but she wanted something closer to her budget because the shipping costs would add another $25-$35. I think the Samarkand sets are nicer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home